Monday 13 June 2011

The Narrow Boat Diary: The Story So far

Well, it's all kicked off today: Beyonce's thrown a fit over the washing up, so me and Des are keeping a low profile (not easy on a narrow-boat). With hindsight, it was probably a mistake to suggest to La Knowles that she might like to do her bit, especially after I had gone to the trouble of putting up a rota. And while we're there, says I, could she please not keep dipping into Mr O'Connor's houmous (bless; Des had been too polite to say anything). Life on the canals is about sharing and co-operation, I went on, and we'd all get a lot more out of the holiday if we each put a bit more in. I was, by this time, talking to her fast-disappearing rear and trying not to listen to her colourful, and very loud, response. This was a while ago: all three of us now going about on eggshells until things have calmed down. Northamptonshire continues to slip past at a steady three miles an hour, the dunk dunk dunk of our Kubota diesel engine and the gentle swish of reeds our only soundtrack.
More later
Fred

4 comments:

Ron Combo said...

I wouldn't mind seeing her fast- disappearing bottom I have to say. Btw, is the hyphen grammatically correct? Spent hours worrying about that like.

Vinogirl said...

Fred, you're back :)
Could have swore I saw Beyonce here on the telly live last night...not to worry. Enjoy the canals.

Thud said...

Did you get lost or something?

Fred Fibonacci said...

Ron; 'btw'? And you're concerned about hyphen usage? I rest my case.

Vinogirl; yes! Comms patchy from the boat, obviously, but am intent on keeping you all posted from Fredsville. You may well have seen B on the telly; we're all delighted to see her body double doing so well. Rest assured, she's here with me and Des now, playing Ker-plunk (at which she is infuriatingly good).

Thud: yep; got lost in theatre Poppet. It's fabulous, but there is very little time, which is no excuse at all because we're all busy. Must try harder.