Saturday 14 February 2009

Hummous Du Jour


Earlier this year; working in Beauchamp Place, Knightsbridge, London, England, one of the most expensive places on earth. Here we see vats of mayonnaise, hummous, falafel, tabouleh and Lord knows what else being delivered to the very popular 'Maroush' all-night Lebanese restaurant. Like me in the Fibonacci-mobile, the lad shifting all these Tupperware numbers is involved in a day-long battle of wits with parking attendants and their machine gun ticket dispensers. A minute over your time? Ticket. A foot over the bay? Ticket. Shirt not tucked in? Ticket. Whistling a jaunty tune whilst unloading your vehicle? Ticket. Soon after this job finished I moved on to my new life, which is really my old life re-made, all shiny and new for 2009. It involves far less contact with traffic wardens and is brilliant fun. More later, and thanks very much for checking in.

8 comments:

Peter Ashley said...

Welcome back Fred. But what on earth are you up to?

Thud said...

14th of feb...whats going on here...is there something I should know?

Vinogirl said...

Not that I am a stalker or anything...but I have been checking in and this post was not there last week!
Good post though, the lovely Rita is not always so lovely!

Toby Savage said...

But did you make up your own Chicken and Yoghurt dressing sandwich? Okay so I flipped the image, reversed it and read the bag on the Fibonacci dashboard.

Fred Fibonacci said...

Peter: I am on tour with a theatre company. My title: The Company Stage Manager. I wear white gloves and carry a clip-board. Members of my vast team vie for attention, leaving exotic gifts at my office door. I ignore them.

Thud, Vinogirl: whilst away, I have been travelling in the third dimension, where your Earth calender has no meaning. Or; I drafted this ages ago and then there was something good on the telly and I forgot to post it contemporaneously (great word).

Toby: no I didn't but full marks for time-wasting.

Thud said...

That must have been a bloody good prog...either 15 seasons of the time team or the wire!

Ron Combo said...

I pulled an overweight Lebanese belter in that 'restaurant' once. Ah, sweet youth.

Thud said...

Ron...you need to rephrase that last comment...or do you?